Mason jar herb ideas
Mason jar is a glass-slime container that has circular mouthpiece enclosed by rubber and tin cap. It is pioneered for food storage like fruit or vegetable preservations while its blue shade can prolong the storing process. It is first manufactured by 1858 whose patent came from John Landin Mason, a tin craftsman from United States. Other competitors after Mason are Ball, Kerr, and Jarden companies.
Mason jar has endured the market until now that antique collectors were in constant bidding to obtain the black-glass mason jar and re-use it either for display or alternative options they may come up with. Its affordable price and the long lasting manufacture has embedded a sense of sentimental value especially for Americans living farms and province states. So most of the collectors are those who used Mason Jars during their childhood
One of the ideas to use mason jar is to plant herbs on it. So here are the herbs that is suitable for indoor mini-garden using these jars. Be sure to check them out.
- Thyme. it is a green herb that has small sized leaf like that of oregano. it has been a culinary option throughout the ancient days when Egyptians mastered its use. Thymes can live under hot weathers when the soil is dry or during spring season.Thyme is a good antibiotic and its extracts can be used as hand sanitizers.
- Sage. it has the scientific name Salvia Officinalis but the locals usually call it garden sage. it has lavender shade of violet that blooms twice a year. Western people especially in Europe grind the garden sage to extract the oil because it has medicinal value.
- Oregano. it can cure swelling by grinding the oregano and putting the extracted leaves in a cloth. People can drink oregano juices by boiling its leaves into hot water. it is a good herbal medicine for cough and colds.
- Rosemary. it has a scientific name Rosmarinus Officinalis. Rosemary is a shrub that has color green complexion and has oblong leaf. it can cure baldness, arthritis, eczema, and even yeast infections.
These are some tips for mason jar herbs. People can customize a wooden cupboard to mount the jars accordingly. These jars can be a kitchen decoration so that cooking herbs will be picked as easily as they can.
Randy is a Pot Maker that has learned the hard way. Pot making has been the reason why they successful paid the loan for their house. It has been a family business that was consistently passed from Randy’s great grandfather until now. So it is no wonder that Randy underwent to strict training at an early age. By six o’clock in the morning, he would gather wood planks with his father. These planks must be thick enough because it will sustain the kiln while baking pots. After the morning stroll, he would ax the planks into pieces and bundle them up at least a dozen.
Next, he would observe his grandfather after lunch. The mud is piled up on a circular base that rotates accordingly. While it is wet, his grandfather would mold the pot slowly. Randy did it himself after two weeks. He molded a three foot pot with funnel shape and pointed beak. So it was baked afterwards and he was so excited to exhibit it until something happens. Randy accidentally slip through the wet pavement and his work was shattered into pieces. To encourage the sagging morale of the teenager, his grandfather picked up the pieces and made it a garden design.
To help people reuse broken pots, here are some tips for creative garden ideas for broken pots. The list below shall help both gardener and potter to use pots again.
- pots for containers. You can use broken pots for containers so that there will be added storage for gardening tools like hand forks or shovels. You must be mindful to attach wires on it so there will be frames for a hanging design.
- pots for mini garden. You must collect pots that has base frames remaining on it. And then fill it in with pebbles or gravels so the surface would be up for design. Overlay it with small plants on a pot like cactus or bonsai trees. Lastly, you can apply layers on rocks to make it look full.
Therefore, people can save up money without throwing away broken pots beforehand. The list given above shall encourage them to be resourceful again.
Rain chain is a home decoration that has pioneered at ancient Japanese temples to anticipate downpours and guide them to drainage properly. It is made up of different metal chains that are intertwined vertically at the edge of roof guards. Rain chain is best decorated for box type houses like that of Japanese residential architecture where Chinese temples have been the prime inspiration it has based upon. For other Japanese houses, these rain chains are connected to fish ponds so that the downpours circulate well onto Nature-theme residence.
There are many ways to set up your own rain chains without spending too much. In fact, with sheer imaginations and resourcefulness, surely you can improvise unique rain chains that has never been done before.
To help people you create rain chains, here are do-it-yourself ideas that only needs the cheapest items at home.
- Bucket rain chain. You must collect at least eight identical buckets and a chain. First you have to make a hole at the bottom of the buckets and slip in the chain. Make sure to place the bucket upward so the down pouring will take time before filling the ground.
- Funnel rain chains. Again collect at least eight identical funnels and a chain. Since the funnel has holes already, all you need to do is slip them in and add nails to separate each funnel accordingly.
- Pine cone rain chains. Collect pines. You must dry them up for at least three days so that it will become hard enough for longer use. Once dry, cut the upper and lower portions of the exterior wall to make an opening. You must slip the chain through and add nails to separate them.
- Copper ring rain chains. Unlike pine cone and funnels, you must collect at least two rings per chain level. So you had to have twenty chains to create a long rain chain. First slip the two rings on another two then do it again until it becomes lengthy. At last, attach it to the roof drainage to make it work.
- Spoon and fork rain chains. Use spoon and fork by bending them down and forming tins to attach them together. Use glue guns to make it stronger and go for at least a dozen. It is a good design for restaurant.
Therefore with the list given earlier, surely people can set up rain chains that will enhance the garden or house vicinity. So be creative enough and constantly search the internet for other ideas.