Dengue is a sickness acquired from mosquitoes. They lay eggs to stocked water especially from garden pots and buckets. Unattended gardens are prone to become mosquito hide outs. As of environmental factors, the mosquitoes sometimes become so numerous that cities could declare an outbreak to encourage citizen to clean their drainage and gardens. They also alert hospitals during outbreaks. Most common to medical anticipation is a delegation of whole building floor to become a ward for dengue patients during peak season. A room contains five to seven patients who would be receiving close monitoring that appropriates the dengue stage they are into. Usually pediatric wards mark the most casualty since children have fragile immune system compared to adults.
The local government would conduct fumigation, a spraying process that would roam from house to house to eliminate mosquitoes, during an outbreak. Also the news would warn the public if dengue is taken for granted so they could inform them on how to prevent such outbreak as well.
One of the alternative ways to combat dengue is the use of herbal medicines and by growing backyard plants that repel them.
To help people find garden options to fight mosquito proliferation, here are the list of plants that repel them.
- Catnip. Collect the leaves and then grind it into a basin until you extract the juices it can give. You must rub it to your skin like lotion so the mosquitoes would fly off.
- Bee balm. the bee balm flower can keep mosquitoes from flying all over your garden because of the scent it fumes out.
- Cedars. Like catnip, you must grind the cedars until it extracts oil. these oil is helpful to repel mosquitoes away.
- Lavenders. When we talk about lavender, we imagine a detergent commercial that uses glittery petals to portray that a shirt smells good after wash. Well, it is not the same with mosquitoes. Lavender’s scent is avoided by mosquitoes so it is a good choice for backyard repellent.
Therefore we can also see how herbal medicine last long through the ever changing world of modern health care. The list above shall help people maintain a mosquito-free gardens.
Wasp proliferation can ruin even the most beautiful garden. Bea was invited by Carlo for a study session last week. Carlo admired Bea since he was third grade. There was one time when Carlo almost failed on the Final Examination if not for Bea who tutored her effortlessly. He started to look after her after that sweet gesture Bea didn’t realize. So Carlo had the chance to go beyond friendship now, and he grabbed it at once.
By 7 p.m., the group finished their third session, discussing most of the Postulates and Theorems that make a straight line bound into certain rules. After the long day, Carlo invited Bea for a walk at their garden. it was a perfect moment. She was holding a cup of green tea while sitting on a swing bench beside her childhood friend with overlooking view that allows them to wander off the vast metropolitan at a glance. until such time when Bea leaned on Carlo’s shoulder but it was shattered with great commotion after shout. A yellow jacket entered Bea’s ear that she found herself at the Emergency Room later that night.
to help people control wasp proliferation, here are some tips for a do-it-yourself solutions using affordable items that can be found around the house.
- Wasp saucer. Pour out an ample amount of oil on a plastic plate then swing it over to flying wasps. The wasps will be caught by oil so that they won’t escape the plate when it hit them. this simple solution is also effective for mosquitoes and flies,
- Casa sugar bottle. Cut the bottle into half. You must pour out a casa sugar at the bottom portion of the bottle for at least two thirds. Next, for the tip part, flip it over then place it inside the other half so it forms a funnel. The wasps will be trapped at the funnel when they are sipping over casa sugar. Be sure to add space between the mouthpiece and the liquid solution.
- Paper bag intimidater. Wasps are insects that has behavioral tendency to be territorial. when they see hives near their nest, they would migrate to other places and build up again. this paper bag trick acts as dummy nest to intimidate wasps colony away. Therefore it is a psych ward you want to go out triumphant.
Therefore gardeners must set up wasp controls given above that will surely make their place safe. So people can try the solutions here and eliminate insects at once.