Dengue is a sickness acquired from mosquitoes. They lay eggs to stocked water especially from garden pots and buckets. Unattended gardens are prone to become mosquito hide outs. As of environmental factors, the mosquitoes sometimes become so numerous that cities could declare an outbreak to encourage citizen to clean their drainage and gardens. They also alert hospitals during outbreaks. Most common to medical anticipation is a delegation of whole building floor to become a ward for dengue patients during peak season. A room contains five to seven patients who would be receiving close monitoring that appropriates the dengue stage they are into. Usually pediatric wards mark the most casualty since children have fragile immune system compared to adults.
The local government would conduct fumigation, a spraying process that would roam from house to house to eliminate mosquitoes, during an outbreak. Also the news would warn the public if dengue is taken for granted so they could inform them on how to prevent such outbreak as well.
One of the alternative ways to combat dengue is the use of herbal medicines and by growing backyard plants that repel them.
To help people find garden options to fight mosquito proliferation, here are the list of plants that repel them.
- Catnip. Collect the leaves and then grind it into a basin until you extract the juices it can give. You must rub it to your skin like lotion so the mosquitoes would fly off.
- Bee balm. the bee balm flower can keep mosquitoes from flying all over your garden because of the scent it fumes out.
- Cedars. Like catnip, you must grind the cedars until it extracts oil. these oil is helpful to repel mosquitoes away.
- Lavenders. When we talk about lavender, we imagine a detergent commercial that uses glittery petals to portray that a shirt smells good after wash. Well, it is not the same with mosquitoes. Lavender’s scent is avoided by mosquitoes so it is a good choice for backyard repellent.
Therefore we can also see how herbal medicine last long through the ever changing world of modern health care. The list above shall help people maintain a mosquito-free gardens.
Setting up a garden can be done in such a way, so it becomes playground for wild birds. Sarah is a naturalist who finds the beauty of mother earth so fascinating that she want to preserve nature as much as possible.
Unlike the urban citizen who grew isolated in an air-conditioned room while playing gaming consoles, Sarah grew up in province. By 4 am, they would feed the chickens and milk the cows for a fresh delivery before the day welcomes in. During the afternoon, she would prepare a vegetable soup and grilled fish with coconut juice at hand.
Afterwards, the house would be solemn to observe the 6 pm novena prayer, that she would lead sometimes. With the kind of childhood Sarah had experienced, it is no wonder why she loved nature so much.
Now that she is entering her mid-thirties with two beautiful daughter to live for, Sarah bought a house and tried to set up a garden.
As she filled every corner with Roses, tulips, daisies, chrysanthemums, and orchids, birds came to visit them. Her Single tree bench added to the refreshing ambiance it gives. So here are do-it-yourself ideas to create bird feeders.
- Tree house feeder. You must saw four pieces of rectangular plywood for the wall. Then add another two for the roof. This tree house will be placed beside a trunk so that it is elevated enough for birds. The base of the tree house must be large enough to become the pavement where feeds will be scattered thoroughly.
- Gnome feeder. With a gnome figurine, find a bowl shaped metal then use glue gun to stick it to its hands. You can add design and paint the bowl according to the gnomes outfit.
- Cage feeder. To domesticate wild birds, you can intentional trap them to a cage feeder. It is as big as that of dog cage and can be set up with roofs and stick barrels for bird stands. The feeder will come in plastic cups that is customized with the cage walls.
Therefore making birdfeeders don’t have to cost much. With the ideas enumerated previously, surely people will have nature-friendly garden that can sustain birds.
Garden art is a form of self expression for people who are inclined to gardening. Through decorating flowers and landscaping a plot, they communicate the theme that inspired them most. Some of the best garden arts are of fictional themes. It is usual to see gardens with gnome statues as if playing around. We can also infer that these theme inspirations come from folklore and mythologies where people of old believed that there are spirits in nature. In fact, ethnic groups respect them so much that they would offer the blood of animals while conducting ritual dances to cast away bad spirits. Therefore garden arts can become culturally significant. For its fictional design portray a set of beliefs people used to have.
However, if people fail to design their garden, it will most likely become a garbage dump or junk storage where a part of the house exterior heap piles of rusting items left at once. Once left neglected, these junk piles can be a breeding ground for rodents like rats, wasps, mosquitoes, or even snake. Therefore people should convert their junkyard into an artistic garden for health and environmental concerns too.
To help gardeners set up beautiful plots with single theme that speaks of their personality and are eco-friendly; here are some tips for do-it-yourself garden art ideas that’ll get them going in no time.
- Rock formations. Collect rocks with different color shades and sizes. Bring out the glue gun and some wood planks or wire frames. Stack the rocks to create fountains then glue it with the materials. Use wires or planks to support it.
- Dwarf garden. You can buy mushroom figurines and dwarf figurines to achieve this theme. After collecting enough, decorate each item according to your preferred gnome quarters.
- Classic woods. Unlike natural and fictional theme, classic woods include much of mahogany colored tables and chairs and tool cabinets. Observe minimalist design to put up classic woods successfully.
Therefore, the tips listed earlier are great ideas to set up gardens. Be sure to explore more designs by searching the internet and sharing ideas to other gardeners too.
Wasp proliferation can ruin even the most beautiful garden. Bea was invited by Carlo for a study session last week. Carlo admired Bea since he was third grade. There was one time when Carlo almost failed on the Final Examination if not for Bea who tutored her effortlessly. He started to look after her after that sweet gesture Bea didn’t realize. So Carlo had the chance to go beyond friendship now, and he grabbed it at once.
By 7 p.m., the group finished their third session, discussing most of the Postulates and Theorems that make a straight line bound into certain rules. After the long day, Carlo invited Bea for a walk at their garden. it was a perfect moment. She was holding a cup of green tea while sitting on a swing bench beside her childhood friend with overlooking view that allows them to wander off the vast metropolitan at a glance. until such time when Bea leaned on Carlo’s shoulder but it was shattered with great commotion after shout. A yellow jacket entered Bea’s ear that she found herself at the Emergency Room later that night.
to help people control wasp proliferation, here are some tips for a do-it-yourself solutions using affordable items that can be found around the house.
- Wasp saucer. Pour out an ample amount of oil on a plastic plate then swing it over to flying wasps. The wasps will be caught by oil so that they won’t escape the plate when it hit them. this simple solution is also effective for mosquitoes and flies,
- Casa sugar bottle. Cut the bottle into half. You must pour out a casa sugar at the bottom portion of the bottle for at least two thirds. Next, for the tip part, flip it over then place it inside the other half so it forms a funnel. The wasps will be trapped at the funnel when they are sipping over casa sugar. Be sure to add space between the mouthpiece and the liquid solution.
- Paper bag intimidater. Wasps are insects that has behavioral tendency to be territorial. when they see hives near their nest, they would migrate to other places and build up again. this paper bag trick acts as dummy nest to intimidate wasps colony away. Therefore it is a psych ward you want to go out triumphant.
Therefore gardeners must set up wasp controls given above that will surely make their place safe. So people can try the solutions here and eliminate insects at once.
Leah loves gardening. She used to put many decorations like butterfly stands and figurine gnomes atop the wooden table with swing benches and lamp post.
But Leah had experience bad times in gardening too. A fierce storm raged their house when they were out of town last year. Houses collapsed into nothingness and garden was almost one hundred percent lost. But remained firm on her passion, she resolved to set up a new one again after they finally settled into a new residence. She come up to decorate stones as primary garden material. And it turned out so well.
To help other people, here are some tips for garden decorations using stones. First, it is definitely cheaper and the materials can be found anywhere. So get ready for the list.
- Stone paths. You have to pick up large and medium sized stones with at least 6 inch by 4 inch. You can cement a path perimeter so it will be patterned evenly. After drying the cement, you can now place the stones evenly.
- Stone wall. first you must overlay a wall with cement and then you can put stones. it is good if you choose stones with related shades, for instance from grey to black. For greater design, you can outline mural design and use stones to decorate it.
- Stone bench. Use metal bench as frame basis for cement. you must choose large stones that have smooth surface so the bench would be best for sitting.
- Stone markers. You can paint the stones white or black then pile it up according to your preferred design.
- Stone fountains. the base stones should be large enough so other stones can pile up on it.
Therefore the list enumerated above will help those people with gardening hobby to set up their stone-themed garden. Be sure to be resourceful to search for high quality stones that are best for decorations.
Gardening is an enjoyable interaction with mother nature. Through custom designs, people are allowed to decorate gardens and express themselves using this hobby. They come up with different kinds of plants like vines, orchids, flowers, weeds, and vegetables. Also people put up Gnomes figurine on a fish pond garden to add to the authenticity of the design. Gardening not only involves pots, watering cans, shovels, and forks, it also needs benches.
As much as possible,a Garden has to serve for the comfort of its owner. So people usually set up a place where they can drink coffee in the morning and reflect on life while sitting alone for a me time.
Benches are great for gardens. With proper bench design that will portray the theme a gardener has chosen, surely itwill become a favorite spot for pastime.
To help gardeners choose the style that would suit them well, here are some tips for Backyard garden benches.
- Swing. The swing bench is a set of chair with swing design like those in playground where the sit is moving back and forth according to the weight of a person. It will need spacious garden that should be made out of steel bars and metal frame.
- Planter. The planter bench is a board type chair where the edges are cut circular so it can mount flowerpots. It is best for medium size garden and the material is best used out of wood planks.
- Headboard. The headboard bench is a chair with bed headboard body so it looks like mini bed. It is a recycled headboard made for medium size garden where the materials depend on its original design.
- Single tree. The single tree bench is the square size chair with circular hole in the middle so it is placed on a trunk. It is good for large size garden and the bench design allows gardener to experience cottage-like garden because of the tree shades.
- Dresser. Like the headboard bench, a dresser bench is made out of used dresser where a chair is customized to serve as garden design. Its compartment is a handy companion for people who use fertilizers and are up to detailed gardening with many tools.
The list given previously will surely help gardeners to choose the right bench design that will express themselves. Also, they can look up to magazines or on the Internet for other bench ideas at hand. With rich creativity, people can set up unique garden like no other.